The Avenue Transition Club
Hon. Sec. Margo Leadbetter
- The Pony Club has been doing a great job supplying vegetable patches with manure. Well done girls!
- I now chair the CO2 Cap and Trade Working Group for The Avenue. We will be visiting each of you soon to calculate your footprint. Make sure you have your gas and electric bills to hand. Please check that you are using a 'green' electricity supplier who generates all their electricity from windfarms.
- The Floral Arts Club will be hosting a lecture on 'Permaculture in the Classic Herbaceous Border'. I do hope you can attend this exciting event.
- The PTA is hosting a debate where the motion is "Does the internet have a role to play in schools?", at 7:30 on Friday in the school hall.
- Does anyone know an expert on beekeeping? Some people in The Avenue would like to start keeping bees and are keen to learn.
- An expansion of our "resilience capability" takes place on Thursday when there will be a Raku kiln evening at the Vicarage.
- The Music Society will be performing 'Iolanthe' this year. Audition dates will be announced in due course.
The Show of Hands RC
'Red Diesel' Terry
- Congratulations to Amy for winning the District under-10's Sharpshooter tournament. Well done to all who took part.
- Nancy at the forge has had 10,000 downloads for her open source design for a turnip chopper. Congratulations girl. She has updated her rotavator design; people wanting upgrade packs should tweet to let her know.
- The Khan Academy hub has now been moved to the Church Hall. Get stuck in.
- This month, Jethro is selling his tomatoes to support Betty's funeral fund. Buy lots and make chutney for a good cause.
- The webinar from Tora Bora has been fixed for Thursday evening. The topic is "How we learned from the British, Russian and American empires, but still retained our identity".
- There will be a debate in the hackerspace next Friday on "Tofu has no place in a paleo diet". BYOB.
- Will the boys using the drone to watch the girls' hockey matches restrict themselves to CCTV. The IR sensor breaches privacy in that situation.
- First aiders wanting to attend the classes on combat trauma should sign up this week please.
- The "new" Lister engine is now up and running on cooking oil. Well done girls!
- The HMRC informer has now been identified. The workshops on darknet currencies will resume next Wednesday.